Friday 12 August 2011

Sigma 70-300 F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

A return to blogging with a return to an old lens !

I have just added a couple of shots I took of my Sigma lens when I was selling it, The original shot in my stream on Flickr is one of my most popular images and still receives hits nearly every day so I thought I would add the others as a test to see if they too collected hits.
I am still not sure whether it is because of my great picture with excellent lighting :) or it is due to the popularity of the lens that it gets so many hits but im hoping its just my skill lol, In fact I often wonder whether I should of kept the lens if it was so good ?
I admit that it was a great all round carry anywhere lens that I thought my other lenses would cover easily but for the sheer versatility (even if it was a little light hungry) I just could not fault the lens and miss it sometimes while out and about.
As a cheap (compared to others with the same reach) lens I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others as a nice carry around lens and even the macro capability was pretty good.

No comments: